Speak Softly But Carry a Big Stick
If noise is a concern in your neighborhood, fly neighborly with VHA tail rotor blades. VHA’s composite 206/OH-58 tail rotor blades can lower the overall aircraft noise by up to 40%, according to FAA-approved acoustics testing. The noise reduction comes from a thinner NASA-designed laminar flow airfoil and shaped tip that cut through the air more efficiently than previous designs.
The VHA 206/OH-58 blades also produce more tail rotor authority, especially at higher altitudes, giving your pilot more control when it’s needed most. A titanium root fitting and stainless steel pitch bearings provide more strength and durability at the root/hub connection.
- FAA STC/PMA certification for most 206/OH-58 models (see model list below)
- Transport Canada, EASA and Brazilian STC’s for 206B3/L series
- 5,000-hr service life (double the life of the OEM blade)
- Additional lift capability for 206L series (see FMS for each model on Documents page)
- Efficient NASA RC(4)-10 laminar flow airfoil
- Composite corrosion-resistant construction: carbon fiber skin, foam core, titanium root fitting
- Electroformed nickel abrasion strip delays erosion effects
- 40% reduction in overall aircraft noise
- 15% reduction in centrifugal force resulting in reduced pedal forces
- No new equipment needed for installation, tracking or balancing
- Stainless steel pitch bearings minimize unscheduled field maintenance occurrences
- Lightning protection mesh
- Tail rotor diameter and chord same as OEM blade
- Weight 10-20 grams lighter than OEM blade
- Thickness .101 in (.26 cm) thinner than OEM blade
Part Number, Pricing and Warranty Information
The VHA 206/OH-58 blade is available exclusively through Aeronautical Accessories.
- Aeronautical Accessories Part Number 2062200-301 (three-stripe blade)
- Replaces Bell part number 206-016-201-131
- List price: Contact Aeronautical Accessories
- Three-year/1,500 flight-hour warranty against manufacturing and material defects (excludes bearing replacement and damage to erosion)
VHA composite tail rotor blades are certified for installation on the 206/OH-58 models listed below.
NOTE: To download the Supplemental Type Certificate (STC), Approved Model List (AML) or Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA) for your helicopter model, please visit our Documents page.
U.S. FAA STC SR02249LA:
- OH-58A+/C Arrow Falcon
- OH-58A+/C Rotorcraft Development
- OH-58A+/C San Joaquin Helicopters
Transport Canada STC SH10-22: 206B3, 206L series