A Stronger, More Efficient Choice
If you’re still flying metal blades, experience the difference new technology can make on your UH-1. VHA’s composite UH-1 tail rotor blade uses an advanced cambered airfoil that improves stall margin, increases tail rotor authority and decreases vibration.
The VHA UH-1 tail rotor blade features carbon fiber spar and skins, fiberglass root fittings, and a stainless steel abrasion strip. The all-composite construction results in a lighter but stronger rotor blade that resists both corrosion and impact damage. Although VHA’s UH-1H tail rotor blade is nearly one-inch wider than the OEM blade, no modification to the tail rotor hub is required for installation.
- FAA STC/PMA certification for most UH-1 models (see model list below)
- 2,400-hr service life (double the life of the OEM blade)
- More efficient Boeing VR-7 airfoil (same as used on the CH-47)
- Carbon fiber spar and skin, fiberglass root fittings, foam core, stainless steel bushings
- Replaceable stainless steel abrasion strip
- Lightning protection mesh
- Tail rotor diameter same as OEM blade
- Chord width 9.24 in. (23.5 cm)
- Thickness 1.10 in. (2.8 cm)
- Weight 0.50 lbs (.23 kg) lighter than OEM blade
Part Number, Pricing and Warranty Information
The VHA UH-1 tail rotor blade is available through our VHA distributor network.
- VHA Part Number 2042200-101
- Replaces Bell Part Number 204-011-702-15
- List price $13,200 per blade
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturing and material defects (excludes damage due to erosion)
VHA composite tail rotor blades are certified for installation on the UH-1 models listed below.
NOTE: To download the Supplemental Type Certificate (STC), Approved Model List (AML), Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA) or Flight Manual Supplement (FMS) for your UH-1 model, please visit our Documents page.
- Arrow Falcon UH-1H
- AST UH-1F
- Garlick UH-1B, UH-1F, UH-1H, UH-1P, TH-1F
- Hagglund UH-1H
- International Helicopters UH-1B
- Northwest UH-1H
- Overseas Aircraft Support UH-1B
- Robinson Air Crane UH-1F, UH-1P, TH-1F
- San Joaquin Helicopters UH-1B
- S.M. & T. UH-1B, UH-1H
- Southwest Florida Aviation UH-1B, UH-1H
- Tamarack UH-1F, UH-1H
- Williams UH-1H